The Bayless family has been in the bookbinding trade since 1919. George A. Bayless, Sr. worked for Wards Bindery up until 1943 when he purchased the company and later changed the name to Bayless Bindery. George Bayless, Jr. purchased the company in the early 1970s and operated the company with the help of Dan Lowe, Bob Bayless and Tip Bayless until 1995.
When George Bayless retired in 1995 Puget Bindery was formed with Dan, Bob and Tip moving the business to Kent, Washington. In 2000 Puget moved into its existing state of the art facility also located in Kent. In 2003 Dan Lowe retired leaving the company in the hands of Bob and Tip who operate the company today.
Since the early days of Wards Bindery, who put in Seattle's first automated saddlestitcher, Puget Bindery has been committed to having the best technologically advanced equipment and the most knowledgeable staff to make them run. We have strived to be the bindery of choice for the most challenging and difficult work, and continue that tradition today.